Dear Inclusion Foothills Families and Community Members
We know that the communities are growing increasingly concerned with the announcement of new cases of COVID-19 within the province. Alberta Health Services (AHS) is actively monitoring the situation and leading the response in Alberta. We take our direction from AHS and will continue to respond and act in-line with their recommendations.
- AHS recommends that if you, a family member or your child have symptoms such as fever, cough and difficulty breathing and your family has travelled outside Canada or has been exposed to someone who has COVID-19, stay home and call Health Link 8-1-1.
We will continue taking necessary steps to minimize risk and keep our families and staff safe. The following steps are recommended by AHS to prevent the spread of common respiratory illnesses (such as influenza) as well as COVID-19 whether at home or while travelling:
- use good hygiene practices, such as frequent handwashing
- cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. Dispose of tissues immediately and wash your hands
- avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- don’t share items that may have saliva on them such as drinking glasses and water bottles
- clean high touch surfaces such as taps, door knobs and counter tops frequently
- contact your primary health provider or Health Link by calling 8-1-1 if you have questions or concerns about your health
The health of the Inclusion Foothills community is a shared responsibility. We appreciate your support in ensuring our community remains a safe, caring, and welcoming environment.
For current updates please go to the AHS website: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
Thank you for your support
Inclusion Foothills Association